American footballer Jon Dorenbos plays the Position of Longsnapper in Philadephia Eagles. Born in 1980 and raised in Woodinville, Washington, Jon is also a parallel magician. He was a participant in Americaâs Got Talent, a Television program where he emerged 3rd in that season where he showed off his magic acts. He has also played for Tenessee Titans, played college football for University of Texas and also he was an undrafted free agent for Buffalo Bills way back in 2003.
Birth name: Jonathan Paul “Jon” Dorenbos
- Year born:Â July 21, 1980
- Parents: Alan Dorenbos, Kathy Dorenbos
- Siblings: Randy Dorenbos, Kristina Dorenbos
- Hometown: Garden Grove, California
- Height: 1.83Â m
- Age: 36
- Spouse: Julie Dorenbos
- Profession: American football long snapper and professional magician
Jon’s Life andÂ Times
- Jon went to Pacifica High School in California where he was an honor roll student after making Deanâs list. He played and earned all honors in both baseball and football. It was his best friend Paul Tessier who introduced him to UTEP Miners football team where Jon played as the Long Snapper. He graduated from UTEP with a business degree with a focus in Marketing, Economics, and Finance. Unfortunately, when Jon was only a child, 12 years of age, his father gruesomely killed his mother.
It was one afternoon of August 2, 1995, when Alan, his father violently killed, Kathy, his mother right there at their home in Seattle and then went to turn himself to the police a day later. He left Jon, his brother, and sister in a very devastating condition. That tragic event affected Jon in ways no one can imagine. His father Alan was charged with second-degree murder and thereafter sentenced to 13 years and approximately 8months in prison.
Jon Dorenbos was then raised in a foster home for a year before his aunt and uncle adopted him after a legal battle. It was these turn of events that made Jon start performing magic so as to relax his mind. Â Jon Dorenbos is married to wife Julie Dorenbos. They got married on April 19, 2010, at SaintÂ Augustine Catholic Church located in Philadelphia. A total of 250 guests attended the wedding
Football Career and Magic Career
To overcome his difficult childhood, Jon has given his best to both of his careers. He has played for 11 seasons in the NFL. In the last 12 years, on has played for three teams. More so, his magic business is also doing well despite all he went through. Jon says his passion is magic while on the other hand football is how he earns his living. He found comfort and peace in what he is doing. He also extends his hand to help anyone who has gone through traumatic events.
In 2003 he was signed by Buffalo Bills as a free agent and he played all games in that season but stepped down in 2004 after he got a knee injury. In 2005 after going to Tennessee he happened to get a slot in Philadelphia in the middle of the season. His outgoing nature has made him be lovable by his mates and everyone that he interacts with. Many of his teammates are quoted to have said that Jon is an awesome guy that heâs a blessing in their lives.
Jon Dorenbos is $2.5 million rich. He receives a year salary of $1 million. In 2015, he signed a 4-year contract with the eagles worth $4.2 million. Apart from his normal salary, he also earns money for ads and sponsorships. He also performs for celebrities and high profile people and makes good money out of this.
Jon after performing a magic show